Tuesday, February 22, 2022

Typing The Light Fantastic


 I love this picture of an old typewriter because it reminds me of one of the few smart decisions I ever made in high school.  My best buddy Tooker and I had been almost inseparable since first grade and pretty much did everything together.  We were selecting which elective classes we were going to take in high school our junior year.  I told him that we were signing up for typing class.  He said, “are you nuts?  There are only girls in that class.”  I said “EXACTLY.”  After about ten seconds he broke into a big grin and said, “We are signing up for typing class.”

Now this was the fall of 1959.  Way before the internet was a gleam in Al Gore’s eye or Mr. Appleby or Mr. Mcintosh or whoever it was that invented the home computer, or me deciding to be a writer.  When I think about that I learned to type for all the wrong reasons, now that I’m a published writer, I breath a big sigh.  If I had to depend on my handwriting for an occupation, I would have had to become a doctor.

 



All the numerologist and astrologist in the world are racking their brains to make something of today’s date.  02/22/2022.  On top of that for us old radio guys it’s two-fer-Tuesday.  I was pretty good in math, and I know for a fact that if you take out the zeros and add up the two's, they add up to be twelve. Other than that, I couldn’t care less.



Speaking of numbers, I keep seeing an ad on TV where they keep asking “What is your sleep number.”  I’m not sure what they mean but I’ve been giving it some thought. Since I don’t go to bed until midnight and I sleep till noon, I figure my number is 12.  Wow, that’s what today is…..

 


Back when I started writing Sleepstilnoon again, I said that I was doing it to try to jump start my brain so I could get back to working on my third novel.  I’m happy to say it seems to have worked as I am back in writer head and working on it daily.  This means the blog may take a back seat on the writing front and I may not put up as many post a week as I have been.  Of course, I need somewhere to put all the nutty stuff that floats thru my warped brain, so I will still be banging out the blog ever so often.

 

Stay tuned for future adventures.

 

 

1 comment:

  1. What IS your sleep number? 12 may be an under estimation. Do naps count?

    ReplyDelete