Wednesday, February 9, 2022

MEMORIES

 


I have been seeing post on FB saying “Do you remember when” or “Remember the good old days”, so I gave it some thought and came up with a few of my memories.

 


I was raised in Texas where high school football is king. I remember getting two letters in football, one asking me to not come back and the second telling me to bring the equipment back.


I remember the first girl I dated in high school asking if I wanted to go all the way and I said, “How far is it?”


I remember the counselor in college asking me what I wanted to be when I grew up and I said, “Taller.”


I remember when I first started working in radio, I got into a hassle with management because they had made a mistake on my paycheck. They misspelled chicken feed.

I remember at another radio station the general manager telling me that since I had been on the air, more radios had sold than ever before. I said, “Really?” and he said, yeah, he had even sold his.


I remember when I went to work for Atlantic records they said I had to take a drug test. I asked, oral or  written.

I remember being kicked out of my first apartment complex. I said everybody pees in the pool and they said not from the diving board.

I remember when Diana first said that I should start blogging and I said no way. I don’t like the music and I hate those shoes.


 

Stay tuned for future adventures

 

No comments:

Post a Comment