Wednesday, February 16, 2022

Sometimes I Feel Like A Nut and Sometimes I don't

 


So far the only thing I have accomplished today is sleeping ‘til noon. I have been sitting here staring at a blank page and have concluded that my mind is as blank as the page.  Writing is weird for me and probably lots of other writers, as some days the words come in like old friends wanting to visit and hang out and other days I feel like a hermit.  Most days when the words are M.I.A, I go outside and find something to do, but today the wind is blowing so hard, the birds are walking.  



I have scanned FB and found nothing interesting or newsworthy and I very seldom turn the tv on until the evening.  I love to read and usually have a couple of books going at the same time, so that is my next move.  Currently I am reading The Lincoln Highway by Amor Towles, an outstanding writer.  He wrote A Gentleman in Moscow and Rules of Civility, two of the best books I have read in years.  I also have River, Sing Out by James Wade going.  James’s last book All Things Left Wild is a great read.  If you haven’t read any of these books, I highly recommend them.  


 

There is also a good possibility that I am just going to take a nap.

 

Stay tuned for future adventures

 

1 comment:

  1. I'm never at a loss, if all else fails reading the dictionary provides adequate stimulation, It also has suspense, graft, corruption, lust, nudity, chaos, greed, just to name a few, but not in alphabetical order...

    ReplyDelete