Monday, February 7, 2022

Some of This And More of That

 


I tried to watch some of the Winter Olympics in Beijing but there was so much snow on the screen I gave up.  Come to find out, my cable had gone out.



The Super Bowl will be this Sunday. Even though the game is supposed to be between the two best teams in football, it seldom is very good, but after a week of mind-numbing interviews with every coach, every player and everyone who ever watched all the previous Super Bowls, the game will seem exciting. I understand early in the year the NFL was considering changing the name to National Tom Brady Day, but that is off the table. Tom’s appearance in the Super Bowl this year will be section 10, seat 12.



NASCAR held it’s first race ever in the Los Angeles Coliseum.  There were lots of wrecks and damaged cars, but that was the fans trying to make it through the LA traffic to get to the event.  The race was mostly clean.



Texas seems to have made it through the winter freeze ok.  I am surprised we didn’t get any long speeches from Texas Governor Gregg (Hell-on-Wheels) Abbott, Lt. Governor Goober Dan (Pig-Face) Patrick or Senator Ted (I Haven’t Got a Clue) Cruz.  All that hot air would have helped.



We have been added to a hit list and now receive about 30 annoying, enraging, time consuming, aggravating robo calls a day, so I have decided to change the message on our answering machine.  “We are not here right now and if you are a robo caller, we will never ever be here. If you are someone trying to sell me something, please leave your home phone number and I will call you back around supper time. If you are that nice man from India calling about my car warranty, I drive a 1948 Hudson. If you are the person who continues to try to sell me medical supplies, you can’t fix what ails me.  If you called our number by mistake, please try not to make the same mistake again and if you are really a friend, where have you been? You never call or write. Was it something I said?”  I now believe AT&T stands for All Tacky Talk.

 

 

Stay tuned for future adventures

2 comments:

  1. On the topic of robocalls, what if we collectively DID NOT ANSWER.
    I would enjoy that

    ReplyDelete