Tuesday, July 2, 2013

More of This and Some of That

I looked in the dictionary under “Aggie Jokes” and found this.



And you thought Texas Governor Rick (Let them eat cake) Perry was the only GOP Governor who really doesn’t like poor people.  Gov. Pat McCrory and the GOP-led legislature is cutting off $600 million federal unemployment benefits for the fine folks in North Carolina.



It looks like the Vatican bankers and Wall Street bankers are cut from the same cloth. The director and deputy director of the Vatican bank resigned on Monday, following the arrest of a senior cleric with close connections to the bank who is accused of plotting to smuggle 20 million euros ($26 million) into Italy from Switzerland.  I understand they had been running a tab for lap dances and it had come due.



Speaking of the Vatican, Pope John Paul II is in the fast lane to sainthood. Pope John Paul II's first approved miracle was the healing of a French nun and his second was writing “Yesterday.”




This ought to be good. NBC is doing a sequel to the History channels “The Bible.” A spokesman for NBC said, "Beyond the Bible" will kick off "in the dark days after Jesus' betrayal and death," and will follow his disciples' "stand against the combined might of Rome and their own local authorities." I am assuming this is a work of fiction since there is not a single mention of Jesus in the entire Roman record.


High school drop out, professed NSA leaker and certified dumbass, Edward ( Watching every breath you take) Snowden, has applied for political asylum in Russia.  I’m pulling for him to get it.  I hope they find him a cozy little place in Siberia where he can freeze his ass off for the next forty years.


I will readily admit that there are many things in this world that I don’t understand but the thing that is at the top of my list is Civil War Re-enactors.  I absolutely don’t get this.  It is probably the darkest time period of our young country and why in the hell would anyone want to re-enact a war anyway.  Over 620,000 people died. Yeah, re-enact that.

I don’t know the statistics on this ridiculous event but I am assuming it is mostly done by folks living in the South.  A hundred and fifty years later and they are still fighting the Civil war.


Stay tuned for more adventures.

1 comment:

  1. I am ready for Ricky the Reptile to repent and retire. Really.

    Thank you for making me laugh, regularly.

    ReplyDelete