Monday, March 10, 2014

It's About Time


I lost an hour over the week-end.  I don’t where I put it. It was sure as hell here Saturday night and come Sunday morning it was gone.  Someone said it was because of Daylight Savings Time but I haven’t saved any daylight.  I haven’t saved any time either.  In fact I don’t believe you can save time anymore than you can save daylight.  Saving time is like trying to hold smoke in your hand. 

The real deal is that there really is no such thing as time. There is only Now.  What was a minute ago is a memory and what will be in the next minute is imagination. The only thing real is right now.  Time is something that man invented so we could keep track of things. 

It is amazing though how much emphasis we put on time.  Like many things, Native Americans knew that there was no such thing as time.  In the old days when a white man told an Indian that he was late, the Indian would say, “No I’m not, I’m here. How can I be late if I’m here?” There is only now.


Old Man Time is just another character who resides in a make-believe world with Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny and the Tooth Fairy.    

And for those who say you only have so much time, I say you only have so much life. Use it wisely.





For you Texas travelers there is new truck stop with great coffee.  It’s Starbuc-ee’s. 











Stay tuned for future adventures.



No comments:

Post a Comment