Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Win Some, Lose Some and Loathsome


According to the pundits, the senior vote and not the Tea Party put the Republicans back in the house.  So it’s official, the GOP is now Gassy Old People, or Gullible Old People, or Grumpy Old People, or Grasping Old People.  Take you pick.  I can say all of this because I’m an old people.

Quite a week for Texas; The Cowboys lose; The Texans lose; The Rangers lose and now four more years of Serial Politician Rick Perry; the whole state loses.

The faces may change in Congress but I’m willing to bet the way they do business will remain the same.

Have you noticed that Serial Politician, Pretty Boy Rick (How’s my hair-do look today) Perry hasn’t mentioned a single word about his daughter Katie getting married to Russell Brand in India?  I thought he was against out-sourcing.

I never could get what the Tea Party was so angry about.  Do we pay that much tax on tea?

Now that the election is over we can get back to all those pharmaceutical ads.  I haven’t known what to ask my doctor about for weeks.

Speaking of TV ads, a new study out says that alcohol is more dangerous than heroin, crack, marijuana, crystal meth and ecstasy. The study shows alcohol is more addictive and harmful to your body than any other drug.  That will make you think about all those thousands of beer ads on TV.  Gee, should I ask my doctor which brand of beer is best for me.

Worlds toughest jobs.

1. Soldier in Iraq.
2. Coal miner in Chile
3. Charley Sheen’s publicist.

Today's good read is The Whisperers by John Connolly another of my favorite authors.  A great crime thriller with a touch of the supernatural.
                                    Stay tuned for future adventures and be sure and check Sleeps Til Noon at www.hotslop.com

No comments:

Post a Comment