Tuesday, November 16, 2010

A Letter To The Editor From The Tea Party


Here in Houston we have red light cameras. These are cameras that take your picture when you run a red light and then you receive the ticket in mail.  I might add there is no mention of red light cameras anywhere in the Constitution.  The fine folks here have voted to turn the red light cameras off, which is only a small step in the right direction.  I say turn off the red lights.  

Why does the city have the right to prevent me from driving down to the local pub for a cold one as fast as I can? I could make it in half the time if I didn’t have to stop for those pesky red lights.  And especially on the way back home when I really need to make up time because I have lied my ass off about when I would be returning. My new cute little secretary wanted just one more for the road

Besides after 10 or 12 beers it’s hard to concentrate on everything while your driving, like red lights, stop signs, buses, trains, other cars, people walking or jogging and especially those peasants on bicycles (if you can’t afford a car, then you need to go back to your own country).   It’s hard enough trying to remember where you live without all those distractions.

While we are at it, we need to turn off all those TV and radio programs except for Rush, Glen, and Fox News so we can only hear the truth; not all that blathering about fair play and how much money we wasted on uncalled-for-wars.  While we are turning everything off, could we please include that terrible talk about our wonderful Wall Street bankers; these guys are the backbone of the country.  They are always looking out for the common folk. Some of them have even taken a cut in their bonuses.  Well, they talked about maybe doing that.  I guess they turned that idea off.

If we would just turn off the red lights, give everyone a gun, quit paying any taxes, disband Congress and let Wall Street make the laws, we could really be the home of the brain dead and land of the free ride. 

No comments:

Post a Comment