Monday, September 28, 2015

Monday Musing



I am pretty sure the usual boneheads of the Republican TeaNut Party said something really stupid over the week-end.  I don’t know what, but since they are all still breathing I know they said something really stupid.  Anyway I wanted to write about something positive.

My sweetie and partner for these many years, Diana Meade has been re-tooling her website and it looks great.  She is one of the most creative people I have ever met.  She is a great artist and wonderful writer and this is her most recent video. Check out her website and look at some of the stuff she has painted.  She writes about creativity, art journaling and mixed media.


Please check out her website at www.energizeyourcreativity.com . 




On a local note, a new restaurant opened up here in Lufkin, Tex this past week so I decided to check it out.  It is called Moe’s Southwest Grill.  First of all the food was ok, but a little pricey for what you got which was pretty much a knock-off of Chipotle’s. As I stepped in the door I was greeted by seven or eight employees yelling at the top of their lungs, “Welcome to Moe’s.”  This would have been alright if I had been standing across the street, but not ten feet from them.

Then as I continued down the buffet line, they continued to yell right in my face their welcome to everyone who came in the door. As I ate I watched the other folks around me flinch every time they yelled at the next innocent person who came within shouting distance.  As I was leaving, some geeky little nerd who seemed to be the manager came in telling all the employees to be sure and shout welcome to Moe's really loud.

I have no idea of who the bonehead in their organization who came up with yelling in their customers face was a good idea, but for me it was extremely irritating and very rude.  The bottom line is Moe’s Southwest Grill will get NO MO of my money.




Stay tuned for future adventures.


No comments:

Post a Comment