Monday, February 21, 2011

Imagine This


Someone asked me the other day, “What do you do?”  For most people it would probably been a easy question to answer, “Doctor, Lawyer, Indian Chief,” whatever, but I had to think about it for minute.  I finally said, “I use my imagination.”  He looked at me like I had two heads and walked off.

I am a writer and what I do is use my imagination.  I make things up. Stories, quotes, jokes, little tidbits of information that I hope will make people laugh or think about how our world works.  To me imagination is the most powerful tool man has.  If it wasn’t for imagination, we would still be standing around butt naked eating apples. 

Just think of it, everything in our world today was imagined by somebody first.  It makes no difference if you believe in evolution or creationism, it is still the same.  Everything on our planet besides us, animals and the vegetation was a thought first.  Mike Dooley, a writer I really like says “Thoughts become things.”  Albert Einstein once said, “Imagination is more important than knowledge.”  

One of the things that upset me the most is hearing people (mostly politicians) saying “Oh we can’t do that.”  Henry Ford said, “If you think you can do a thing or think you can't do a thing, you're right.”  If we could go back in time and bring people into our time, how many things do you think they would see that they never would have believed was possible? 

Imagination is how we create the world. If you look around, we have created the world we live in.  So think good thoughts and use your imagination at its highest level.  Remember if you can imagine it, then it is possible.  I’m not saying it will happen or that it is even probable, but it is possible.  Imagine that.


Stay tuned for future adventures.

2 comments:

  1. Great Rod. I liked this. Very imaginative.
    Keep it up.......

    ReplyDelete
  2. FYI ... Imagineering a word combining "imagination" and "engineering" most notably used by Walt Disney Imagineering. However, contrary to popular belief, the term was neither coined by Disney, nor originated there. "Imagineering" was popularized by Alcoa around 1940, and appeared widely in numerous publications and promotional print materials throughout the decade.

    ReplyDelete