Friday, July 16, 2010

A Nothing Day

PhotobucketWhen I checked my calender for holidays and saw that there was nothing listed for the 16th of July, I was surprised. There is some kind of weird holiday listed for every day of the month except the 16th, so I figured well hey, I'll just come up with something. Since there was nothing listed, I decided we would have National Nothing Day...That is until I started thinking about it. Doing nothing is harder than I thought.

Maybe I would just lie in bed doing nothing all day but that's not doing nothing because I'm actually doing something; I'm lying in bed. How many times has someone called you up and said "What'ca doing?" and you said, "Nothin'," even though you were watching T.V. or reading a book or staring out the window. Staring out the window is doing something after all. See, it's harder than it sounds.

I mean, even if I am just sitting here, I'm breathing. I'm thinking of something whether I want to or not. It may be impossible to do absolutely nothing. I'm telling ya, doing nothing is really hard, so today on National Nothing Day, if someone calls you up and says "Hey what are ya doing?" just say, "I'm working my ass off."

Before I go, a new read to tell you about. Once A Spy by Keith Thomson . This is his debut on the thriller stage and he does it with wit, energy and great style.
Stay tuned for future adventures.

1 comment: