Tuesday, July 13, 2010

It's Geek, not Greek!!

I could hardly wait for this day to get here after I first saw it on my calendar. I had thoroughly thought it out. First I would change my name to Rodney Apollo since he was the Greek God of Music. I would have a Gyro sandwich for lunch, while watching "The Fiddler On The Roof". I would then speed read the works of Aristotle and Socrates while dancing around the room hollering OPA at the top of my lungs. It was only at the last minute when I rechecked my calendar that I realized it was actually, Embrace Your Geekness Day. What a bummer? Of course not being Greek, it wasn't too bad.Photobucket

Oh well, here is another good read I would like to pass along to you. Its The Owl Killers by Karen Maitland. An excellent story and very well written. It is a medieval mystery set 1321 England.

Stay tuned for future adventures.

1 comment:

  1. I read this book too. I liked it very much. Good writing and characters you love to hate.

    ReplyDelete