Friday, May 30, 2014

T.G.I.F. (This Gibberish Is Free)




There is new truck stop not too far from my house called Fuel City. Fuel City is not quite as big as a Buc-ee’s, but it’s close.  All of the employees wear t-shirts that say, “Fuel City: Where all your dreams come true.”  I don’t know about you, but if all of your dreams come true at a truck stop, maybe you’re setting your sights a little low.




The question of the day is: Can Joe the Plumber get any dumber?  Joe wrote to the parents of the kids killed in latest mass shooting and said, “Your dead kids don’t trump my constitutional rights.” 

Joe believes owning a gun is way more important than life. I do believe if the doctors were to exam this asshole, they would pronounce him brain dead and pull the plug. 



Donald (I’m Not Really a Racist, I’m Just Stupid) Sterling, owner of the L.A. Clippers makes racist remarks and the NBA tells him that his punishment is that he has to sell the team.  So ole Donnie says ok and sells the team that he bought in 1981 for 12 million for 2 billion.  I think maybe I’m missing the point here. It seems like if you wanted to punish Don the Bigot, you would make him sell his 2 billion dollar team for 12 million.

  

The History Channel is doing a three-part mini-series called “The World Wars” and using John (Civil War Veteran) McCain, Colin (I’m A Bush Puppet) Powell, and Dick (I Really Am a Dick) Cheney as their talking heads.  That’s like doing a mini-series on Wall Street and using Bernie(I’m Not Stupid, I Really Am a Crook) Madoff as the host. 



Sunday will be the start of a brand new hurricane season.  It will also be the 10th anniversary of my novel SURGE which had a category 4 hurricane hitting Houston dead on.  If you read SURGE, then you know that the hurricane was named Dolly. I just came across this year’s names for the hurricane season and noticed that we will have a Dolly this year. Let’s hope it does not live up to my version of it. 



Stay tuned for future adventures.

No comments:

Post a Comment