Monday, February 24, 2014

Monday Morning Quarterback



There was a time when being a conservative wasn’t a bad thing in my mind.  I have had a number of close friends through the years that considered themselves conservative and there were very few things that we actually disagreed on but that was before the Republicans got taken over by the religious right and the Tea Party. 

Today when I hear someone say he or she is a conservative, I automatically assume they are intolerant, ignorant, and racist because that is all I hear coming out of the Republican Party.  The good news is that intolerant, ignorant racists have always been on the wrong side of everything in history. Along the way they may have won a few battles but in every instance they have always lost the war.  All of the things that were going to end the world if they came to past, like women’s suffrage, civil rights and gay rights have proven the conservatives were wrong.




George Warmonger Bush is promoting an initiative to help veterans.  Ole George who started the Shockingly Awe-full war in Iraq now wants to help the veterans.  "I have a duty," Bush said in an interview that aired on Sunday on ABC's "This Week." What an asshole.  George, you had a duty not to send soldiers unnecessarily in harms way. Don’t get me wrong, I hope it does help the veterans because they deserve all the help they can get, but I sure as hell don’t trust this jerk to do anything for the right reason.  I have the feeling all he is trying to do is salvage some of his crappy legacy. 



Primary elections are coming up here in Texas and the airwaves are filled Republican candidates spewing how much they love God, how ultra-conservative they are and how everyone of them are fighting Obama no matter what office they are running for. I saw an ad for a guy running for dog catcher and he said he would fight Obama tooth and nail.  Seems like a bit much.  




NASCAR nation is happy.  Dale (I'm a Rocket Man) Earnhardt Jr. won the Daytona 500 yesterday.  The race lasted all day because they had a six and half hour delay because of rain.  You know if they wouldn't have that problem if they would just put windshield wipers on those cars.



Stay tuned for future adventures.


No comments:

Post a Comment