Thursday, January 13, 2011

Telephone Or Tale of Phone?



Have you noticed that keeping up with the Jones’ is getting harder? I can remember when my phone was….just a phone. You know average, normal, ordinary….pretty much a plain old phone. Not anymore; now there are "Smart Phones". Is your phone as smart as your neighbors phone? Did your neighbor’s phone go to a better school? Here's the real question: Is your phone as smart as a fifth grader?

These are questions that I am having a problem answering. The one thing that I am pretty sure of is that the IQ of your phone is directly tied to how much you paid for it.

I made the mistake of not reading the fine print and I bought a "Smart Ass Phone". When I try to check my messages, it laughs and says “Who are you kidding? You have no friends.” Instead of a ring tone, when I get a call it says, “Wow, look who got a call. Don’t worry about it. It’s probably a wrong number.” I have also noticed when it gets tired it just quits in the middle of a call.

I have noticed one thing when I’m with someone who has a smart phone. They can play games, sometimes with other people, and they can calculate their earnings on Wall St. Also they can take pictures or videos to send all over the world and text everyone on the planet. Not only that, they have a couple hundred apps so they can check on everything happening in the universe at that time. The one thing they don’t seem to be able to do very often, is make a PHONE CALL. Isn’t that interesting?

I will have to say I have met a number of people lately that have smart phones and my impression was, their phone was quite a bit smarter than they were.

Stay tuned for future adventures.

No comments:

Post a Comment