Friday, September 10, 2010

Costco Manifesto


I was in COSTCO the other day and they had this booth by the exit that had a big read arrow under a sigh that said Tell Us What You Think.  Well I couldn’t pass that up.
  • I think a penny saved is 1 cent.
  • I think that life is too short and that Larry King has been on tv way too long.
  • I think there are groups that do much good around the world.  Doctors without Borders is one, but there are some that are quite the opposite.  Lawyers without Morals and Politicians without Ethics, just to name a few.
  • I think cats make great pets but a dumb Broadway musical.
  • I think the Tour De France should feature bicycles built for two so that the contestants and their drug dealers can ride together.
  • I think the next overnight pop sensation will be discovered in daycare.
  • I think football would be more interesting if both teams wore the same uniforms.
  • I think there would be less fighting in ice hockey if the penalty box had an electric chair.
  • I think in the two party political system we have; the party is private and the public is not invited. 
  • I think politicians have gone from kissing babies to kissing corporate asses.
  • I think that Roger “The no Rocket scientist” Clemens has proved that steroids make your muscles larger and your brain smaller.


  • I think Wall Street should be in Las Vegas.
  • I think the first illegal aliens were the Pilgrims.
  • I think the only hope for radio is 3-D.
  • I think the price of electric cars is shocking.
  • I think poetry slams can be painful.
  • I think I’m tired of people who say, “I’ll tell you one thing,” and name five.
  • I think it is good that sperm banks don’t have ATM’s or drive-up windows.
 I think Costco hasn't heard the last of me..





 Today's good read is The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins.  This is one of the best books I have read in a while and it's the first of a trilogy.

 Stay tuned for future adventures.

1 comment:

  1. I always known you were a thinking man! I'll bet Costco didn't know what to think after you filled their box with all those forms.

    I really liked the Hunter Games too. I did not expect to but after the first few pages I was hooked and could not put it down.

    I think I need to get the next book in the series!

    ReplyDelete