Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Light My Fire



I’m in deep trouble.  Oh it’s not that there aren’t any dumbass Tea Party politicians to talk about.  They are still spewing stupid hateful things by the mouthful.  Here is my problem, we are ten days away from the start of winter and I am already sick and tired of the cold. I guess I’m going to have to go into hibernation. Just go to bed and not get up until spring.  Come to think of it, that’s not a bad idea. Maybe bears have the right idea after all. I mean, I do like to sleep. I have all of my life.

A number of people have asked me in the last couple of years if I really do sleep til noon?  The answer is yes, quite a bit in fact. I have always been a night owl and I like to sleep late.  This of course has not always been something I have gotten to do as much as I would like but I will have to say I have always been fortunate to get in quite a lot more zzz’s than most folks.

Most of the things I have done through the years to make a living, I have been able to do on my schedule.  Thank God I have had very few 9 to 5 jobs in my working career. Even in my days in radio when I was doing the morning show, half the time I hadn’t gone to bed before going on the air and then would go home after the show and sleep all day. Most of my time spent in the music biz was in the night time hours.

But back to this cold weather stuff.  Mother Nature has drug her cold front through town way to early and stayed beyond her welcome.  When it gets below 70 I’m looking for a sweater.  So if you don’t hear from me for a while, it’s because I’m changing the name to sleepstilspring.  



Stay tuned for future adventures.

No comments:

Post a Comment