Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Holiday Tidbits


I really don’t get why the Christian conservatives are so upset with what they are calling the” War on Christmas.”  If the so called “War on Christmas” goes anything like the “War on Drugs.” Or “War on Poverty,” they have absolutely nothing to worry about.  Christmas seems to be bigger and better than ever if you go by the retail ads and Christmas decorations.   Mostly I think they just need something to bitch about.  I think maybe we should have a Season for Reason.


Actually I think all of this inane non-stop media crap began with the advent of 24 hour news channels.  The problem being there just isn’t 24 hours of news to report so they had to come up with something to talk about. So every little difference of opinion suddenly became news. What a waste of time and energy.


Speaking of news I just read where the author of the Anarchist Cookbook is saying to take his book out of print. It has supposedly sold more than two million copies. I am stunned. I have never heard of it and I watch the Food Channel all the time.



Boy, are blowhard Bill (I Am Not the Smartest Guy in the Room Even When I Am Alone) O’Really and Faux News bimbo Megyn (I Can’t Even Spell My Name) Kelly going to be pissed when they hear about this.  The Hilton Americas hotel in Houston has created a sculpture of Santa Claus for their lobby.  It was made completely out of a half-ton of DARK CHOCOLATE.


Harold (Hey, How About this Date?) Camping, the wacko preacher who kept predicting when the world would end has died.  Bummer, now we’ll never know when the world will end.  




Stay tuned for future adventures.

No comments:

Post a Comment