Thursday, June 27, 2013

Texas Slime Machine

How many times in my life have I heard, “everything is bigger in Texas”?  About a million jillion I guess, and it is a big state land wise, but I am beginning to wonder how much wise there is in all of this land.  The biggest thing I see is the amount of snake oil being sold by some of the slimiest politicians I have ever seen.  


Governor Rick (I may be a bigger crook than Richard Nixon) Perry, Lt. Governor David (I may not have as good a hair do as Rick Perry, but I am just as big an asshole) Dewhurst and Attorney General Greg (I’ll make sure only my friends get to vote) Abbot may be three of the sleaziest snakes to ever ooze their way into office. 

We have Senator John( I don’t have a clue to what I am doing) Cornyn and Senator Ted (21st Century Joe McCarthy) Cruz representing us in the nations capitol along with Congressmorons Looney (I really am nuts) Gohmert and Steve (I just make crap up) Stockman. 

And of course here at home we have a part time legislature which only meets every two years and that’s just to slap each other on the back, have a few drinks and make sure that state money gets funneled back to their business partners. When you look at this bunch of jerks running the state, it makes you want to duck your head instead of being proud of where you live. 

There seems to be a single root cause for this problem.  LOW VOTER TURNOUT.  Texas is 45th in voter turnout and in 2010 was dead last.  When you don’t vote, the crooks get to keep their jobs.





Stay tuned for future adventures.

No comments:

Post a Comment