Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Pecker Heads And Other Assorted Foul Creatures


Hey it’s National Bird Day.  May 4th is the oldest day set aside for recognizing birds. It started in 1894.  I enjoy watching birds a lot.  I have a bird feeder that hangs right outside the window of my office where I watch all kinds of birds peck away at their birdseed as I peck away at my keyboard. 

I think that we can acknowledge all kinds of birds on this day.  First of all there is Big Bird. He will be 42 years old this coming Novemeber 10th.  I think he has really maintained his youthful appearance after all of these years.  I guess that’s what eating like a bird will do for you.

Also today when you are out in traffic heading home, be sure and flip the bird at everyone you see.  Today is a freebie. 

Today is good day to also acknowledge all of the Bird Brains out there. Here are a few names to get you started. Donald Trump, Glen Beck, Rush Slimebaugh, Sarah Palin, Michael Bachmann, Rick Perry, etc.  Please feel free to jump in and add your own.

Let’s not forget Lady Bird, Larry Bird, Admiral Bird, Tweety Bird, the Dodo Bird, Cuckoo Bird, Mother Goose and Daffy Duck.

Also remember that a bird in hand is better than two in the bush but can be awfully messy.  Birds that flock together make more birds. The early bird gets worms. To kill two birds with one stone takes a hell of a throw. Don’t count your chickens until they are chickens.  Let sleeping birds lie. Don’t look a gift bird in the beak. Curiosity killed the bird. There is more than one way to skin a bird.

Last but not least. Every bird has his day and that’s today.



Stay tuned for future adventures
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment