Friday, April 15, 2011

All Fired Up


Hundreds of students walked out of Morton Ranch High school in the Katy School District in protest of teachers being laid off. Good for them. The teachers were pulled out of class, fired and then sent back into classroom which was a very upsetting situation for both the kids and the teachers. Katy ISD officials said it was standard procedure to give layoff notification during work hours. 

So the administrators couldn’t wait until the end of the day to do their dirty work?

"They're seeing firsthand where a budget situation in Austin on the state level is impacting the teachers that they love and they hate to see go," school district spokesman Steve Stanford said. "We understand that emotion, the superintendent understands that emotion and, in fact, he shares that emotion." 

Well no, Steve, you and your dipshit superintendent obviously don’t understand. Why aren’t boneheads like you losing your job instead of teachers?


Here is a pinhead politician who deserves to lose his gig.

Wisconsin Governor Scott Walker made a little trip to Washington this week and spoke to the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee.  When asked how much did weakening government workers' collective bargaining rights save the state of Wisconsin?  He replied that it doesn’t save any.  In earlier testimony he had said that it would save the state $700 million dollars.  Wow, that is a little more than small discrepancy. I would say that you make Pinocchio look like a dummy.

There are of course plenty of Wall Street bankers and money managers, who should have lost their gigs or gone to jail, but here it is several years after the financial crisis, which was caused in large part by reckless lending and excessive risk taking by major financial institutions, and no senior executives have been charged or imprisoned. I guess crime does pay.

Let’s not forget about sports figures.

And finally,  Kobe Bryant, part-time basketball player and full-time jerk.  But I’m sure none of these fine folks will be losing their gigs anytime soon.  The old adage, “Shit rises to the top,” couldn’t apply to a better bunch.




Stay tuned for future adventures.
Enhanced by Zemanta

1 comment:

  1. Excellent blog Rod. I remember one time, I was working for a manufacturing company after leaving radio, and I hadn't been there 90 days. They came in and gave me my pink slip and asked me to stay to the end of my shift. I told the guy, you're shitting me right? I mean you just fired me. He said no, I just laid you off.. wow...talk about busting a guys balls.

    Keep writing the truth brother.

    Jimmy

    ReplyDelete