Monday, March 21, 2011

Goof Off Day


Tuesday is National Goof Off Day.  When I saw this I thought wow, this is great that they (whoever they are) are finally honoring us Goof Offs.  They recommend that you go out and spend the day window shopping with your favorite friend. Or just sit down and read a book or watch TV. This day is set aside for you to anything you enjoy doing.

This is what I do everyday, but let me tell you, being a full time goof-off is not as easy as you might think. There are some draw-backs to being a professional do nothing person.  The main one is that every once in a while you actually want to do something.  When this happens you just have to calm yourself and remember that doing something takes energy and money.  That usually nips it in the bud on the spot. If it persists, then I just go to bed until it goes away.

Another thing about being a Professional Goof-Off is there are no days off.  Its 7 days a week, 365 days a year.  No holidays, no sick days and the pay sucks but other than that, it's a pretty good gig.  Come to think of it, it is very much like my days in radio..   

AND NOW FOR SOMETHING COMPLETELY DIFFERENT.

Here is news story for ya.  According to an Oxford scholar, God had a wife, Asherah, whom the Book of Kings suggests was worshiped alongside Yahweh in his temple in Israel.  Well yeah, "Create the world," was the first thing on his honey-do list.

There are some things about the new electric Chevy Volt that will shock you. I mean beside the sticker price.  It seems it takes ten hours to charge the battery.  Better take a sack lunch and book when you whip into the charge station.  Also that charge will only get you about 26 miles.  Let’s see, a trip to Galveston from Houston will only take you a day and half.  Wasn’t horseback faster?

Right wing-nut columnist Ann Coulter said that radiation is good for you.  I not sure about this but I’m all for Ann trying it out.  A good dose might do her good.  I know it would do me good if she would.

 A new report out today says CBS President Les Moonves wants Charlie Sheen back on Two and a Half Men.  Makes sense; they feed each others addiction.  Charlie’s is cocaine and Les’s is money.

Rocker Sammy Haggar in his new tell-all book says that he was abducted by aliens.  I think a couple of illegals grabbed him after a concert in San Diego and took him across the border for a night of slamming tequila shots. 


NEW STUFF
I have a few new gadgets on my page now.  If you would like to share this post you can just click on the Facebook or Twitter buttons. As I've said before, if you enjoy my ramblings, I would appreciate you sharing it with your friends. If you don't care for it, you can share it with people you don't like.
If you put your email address in the box, you will be notified of new posts.  I won't share your email address with anybody.

Stay tuned for future adventures.

Enhanced by Zemanta

2 comments:

  1. I am starting to get concerned,it seems the more I read of Rod's blogs the more I agree with him,this can't be good,can it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Rod enjoy Goof Off day..I'm going to give it a try at work, by hiding in a corner and playing shadow puppets. Have a great one.

    ReplyDelete