Thursday, March 10, 2011

A Biblical Event


There is a new translation of the Bible out.  The Bible by the way has been translated more than any book in history.  I guess one of these days they will finally get it like they want it.  Anyway the new American version is supposed to be more updated for the times.  Genesis now begins with “A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away…”

They say your ears never stop growing.  Methuselah must have looked like Dumbo.

Warner Bros, the production company that produces “Two and Half Men” fired Charley Sheen this week. Man I didn’t see that one coming.

I just saw this headline. The credit card of the future: It ‘talks to you.  I can imagine what mine will say.  “Please leave home without me” “Don’t touch me” “Are you kidding, you’re gonna buy that, lol”  “Are you nuts?”

Julianne Moore is set to play former vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin in an upcoming TV film.  The film "Game Change," which follows John McCain's 2008 presidential campaign from when he chose Palin as his running mate through their defeat in the general election.  They are looking for someone age appropriate to play John McCain.  Word is Charlie Chaplin is the front runner.

Best joke of the week.  How much cocaine did Charley Sheen do?  Enough to kill Two and Half Men.  Wish I could take credit for that one.


And In The World of Smarmy Politics

Potential U.S. Republican presidential candidate Nitwit Gingrich told a Christian television network that he had sought God's forgiveness for a marital affair.  Now ole Nitwit cheated on both of his wives before marrying the current Mrs. (You’re my one and only and my third) Gingrich and since he said A marital affair,  I wonder which ONE marital affair was he looking for forgiveness and which one he didn’t give a damn about.

To give you an example how nice a guy ole Nitwit is, he told his first wife he wanted a divorce while she was in the hospital recovering from cancer surgery.  He divorced his second wife after she learned she had MS.

Here is Nitwit’s excuse for having affairs. "There's no question at times of my life, partially driven by how passionately I felt about this country, that I worked far too hard and things happened in my life that were not appropriate," said Gingrich.  Let’s see, ole Nitwit was so busy trying to screw the country he didn’t notice that he was screwing some one other than his wife. Yeah, this is a guy you want running the country.

I have noticed through the years that the preachers that rant the loudest about homosexuality are usually closet gays or having multiple affairs.  Also when someone continually tells me how honest they are, I find that they are likely to be liars and crooks.  So when I come across a conservative Republican that can’t quit raging about the deficit, the stimulus or how broke we are, I am pretty sure I know who spent the money,.

Here are a couple of examples. The award for the state that has the highest debt per person is Massachusetts.  Massachusetts endured several budget blows in the second half of the past decade, including a massive $15 billion construction project in Boston infamously referred to as the “big dig,” and a substantial health care reform package passed back in 2006 that added several hundred million dollars to the state’s budget. This is the health plan of former Governor Mitt Romney.

And the 2nd highest debt per person goes to Alaska.  Alaska’s expenditures go to education and public welfare programs, and indeed, Alaska spends more on public programs as a proportion of its overall GDP than all but one state in the country, which may go some way toward explaining how their debt has gradually increased.  Sarah doesn’t seem to remember this.

Between Nitwit, Mitt and Sarah, the Republicans are looking good…. I should have material for the next two years.

Stay tuned for future adventures

No comments:

Post a Comment