Monday, March 21, 2022

The Blank Page

 


I have been staring at the blank page for a couple of days now.  I don’t know why writing can be so hard sometimes. If I’m working on my novel, I’m just making stuff up and if I’m working on this little blog, I’m poking fun at what some dumb politician or bonehead preacher said. I read constantly and I am in awe of writers who seem to pound out books on a consistent basis. 

Thank God I don’t write for a living, but just for the fun of it and right now I’m not having very much fun because I haven’t written a word on either of them in days.  I thought maybe if I wrote whined about this, it would get my brain off the picket line and back to the computer.  Then again, it could be I just need to take another nap.

 

Stay tuned for future adventures

 

2 comments:

  1. Why, Mr. Tanner, I have never known you to be at a loss for words. I hope you find some soon because I am anxious to find out what happens to the damsel in distress or was that the damsel in undress? I guess you get to decide.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Once, I was asked what to do when a loss of words happens. I replied 'read the good book', the one by Webster.
    It has passion, suspense, ideas, crime, lust, originality, thoughts, constructs, characters, villians, heros, well ... the list goes on.

    ReplyDelete