Monday, November 7, 2011

The Week That Wasn't.


 Last week was just a really crappy week.  I couldn’t bring myself to write a word much less a whole sentence.  First of all, the news of Kim Kardashian’s divorce was so depressing that I couldn’t get out of bed for two days.  Fairy-Tale weddings are supposed to last forever or six months, which ever comes first.

Then Chaz Bono gets kicked off of “Dancing With Semi-Celebrities.”  Even though he has grown a brand new pair, he still can’t lead.

When I finally managed to drag myself to the computer I found I was so totally bored with the political scene that I was mute.  Rick (Where did everybody go?) Perry is toast.  Michele (I just pray that my husband is straight) Bachmann  is so out of it she can’t even come up with an outrageous comment to get back in the news.

 Newton Leroy (Have I done this before?) Gingrich is doing a fabulous job of imitating the invisible man. Rick (I need to be in a) Santorum and Ron (I think we should secede from the world) Paul are below the horizon.

Then when Herman (Hey baby, want to see my corporate suite?) Cain is accused of sexual harassment, I’m thinking we will at least get to see some great tap dancing, but the bone-head pulls out the race card faster than you can say Clarence Thomas, so it is time to get the hook.

The only thing consistence about Mitt (Of course I have core beliefs, they just change everyday) Romney is his polling numbers which stay exactly the same no matter what anybody else says or does. 




The good news is that I am working on a new novel.  A number of friends have suggested that I write a book about radio, since I toiled in that environment for years, but I have resisted because I write fiction and I always felt like that was a non-fiction subject.   But alas, I have come up with a story line that I like and my main character is in radio, so we’ll see.  Wish me luck because getting up everyday to face the blank page is still an extremely daunting task.  



 Stay tuned for future adventures.

No comments:

Post a Comment