Thursday, June 9, 2016

Thursday Throw Back





Here is a real throw back. It seems I have been nominated for the Texas Radio Hall of Fame…again.  I have been nominated every year for the past several years, but so far have not made the cut.  It probably has to do with steroids and my getting caught betting on radio, but I’m not sure.

My good friend Mike Wade, hall of famer and who I consider one of the best radio personalities to ever sit down in front of a microphone, I mean this guy worked in New York City….NEW YORK CITY…..Anyway Mike put this little clipof me when I worked at KONO, San Antonio on the Texas Radio Hall of Fame Facebook page.  I’m pretty sure most of the members of the TRHF hadn’t been born when I was on the radio. My first program director was a guy named Marconi.  


This next little story should come under Thursday Throw-up.   A young girl by the name of Sarah from San Antonio has been sent to somewhere here in East Texas to “Pray the gay out of her.”  Her fine Christian homophobic assholes parents decided they needed to save her after she took her girl friend to the prom.  Well I can certainly see why they sent her here to East Texas.  Praying here is the answer to all problems.
Health care…pray you don’t get sick.
Gun Safety… pray you don’t get shot.
Infidelity……pray you don’t get caught. And so on.

I am pretty sure a lot of the folks up here feel that when you die of cancer or get shot, it’s because you didn’t pray hard enough.  The local high school team is called the Panthers.  I’m surprised they didn’t name them The Praying Mantis.

This happened to a friend of mine a few weeks ago.  She had heard about a new doctor and made an appointment.  When she got to the appointment, she was met by a PA who told her the Doctor was out of town.  That’s pretty shitty in itself, but here is the best part. The PA asked her when she met with the doctor did she want the doctor to pray with her.  What?....Is this a clinic or a church.

 I have lived most of my life in Texas and have always been proud of it, but I have to say after moving to East Texas I have found the stars aren’t as bright and neither are many of the residents..






Stay tuned for future adventures.

1 comment:

  1. Remember the KONOMobile ? Remember eating brownies in the KONOmobile ???????

    ReplyDelete