Friday, February 12, 2010

Happy Days

When my wife first asked me if I was interested in doing some blogging I said, no way. The music is dumb, I hate those shoes and I don't see the point of jumping around like your feet are on fire. She then explained that was clogging and blogging is about writing. Well excuse me.

Anyway today the rain has stopped and that makes me happy. I'm also happy to be working on a new book. I had taken quite a sabbatical after finishing SURGE which was published in 2004. SURGE is a thriller about a Category 5 hurricane hitting the Houston/Galveston area and I had killed thousands of people and was worn out. I do have to mention my wife and I had written two screenplays prior to that. I had only intended to take about six months away from writing but it turned into years right before my eyes.

The new book is called Double Fault and is much lighter and fun. So far, I have only killed one character and he is very minor. I have to admit there is more of me in this book than anything I have written and sometimes that is a little hard to put on display for the world to see.

Enough for today.

1 comment: