Wednesday, February 24, 2010

The Art of Juggling.

As I have mentioned before, my passions are writing and music. I am currently immersed in both of them right now and the juggling act is quite intoxicating and frustrating. In the writing of SURGE, I was completely focused on writing and could stay in what I refer to as writerhead most of the time. Writing for me is about 40% of time sitting at the computer banging on keys and 60% doing other things,playing golf, going to movies,etc, but constantly thinking about whatever project I am writing on. Therefore, I am in writerhead 100% of the time. The problem I am having now is that the music projects,which I love, are taking me out of writerhead.

The problem is not just a scheduling problem where I can say Okay, I'll work on writing on Mondays, Wednesday and Fridays, and music on Tuesday, Thursdays and Saturdays. Physically I can do that, mentally I can't.

But since I am determined to have my cake and eat it too, I will figure out how to make all of this work. Stay tuned for future adventures.

No comments:

Post a Comment