Thursday, March 4, 2010

Writing Woes

One of the things that gives me the most pleasure in my life is writing. Writing makes me feel alive. It also gives me a feeling of accomplishment like nothing else. I have been writing for a long time yet it wasn't until a few years ago that I would actually call myself a writer. Writing was always that other thing I did, not what I really was doing. I can remember when I was in high school and the principal would come and get me and say "Uh, we have a assembly program coming up but we don't have anything" and I would write them something to do.

I have written two screenplays, a three-act play, sketch comedy for television, lot's of jokes for myself and other comedians including Jay Leno, poems, a recorded country song and currently working on my second novel.

So the question is....Why is it so damn hard? I can find more trivial, meaningless things to do than sit down and write and yet it gives me enormous happiness.

Oh well, back to the grindstone.
More adventures in writing later.

No comments:

Post a Comment