Monday, March 15, 2010

National Poultry Day

Today is National Poultry Day. I wasn't going to write about this but my wife egged me on and I knew if I didn't, I would probably end up with egg on my face so here it is.I'm not sure what we are supposed to do or how we are to celebrate it, but here are few ideas. One thing is, you could go visit the National Poultry Museum in Bonner Springs, Kansas. (Here's a link for Backyard Poultry telling all about it.) It looks like a fascinating place if you are a fox. Another is to make a list of every "Why did the chicken cross the road?" joke you can think of and have it framed to be hung in your kitchen. There is even a "Why did the chicken cross the road?" website to help you out.

You could also adopt a chicken for a pet or put on a chicken suit and tell everyone your name is Chicken Little and that the sky is falling. (I did a tv commercial once where I had to wear a chicken suit so I really don't recommend doing this as they are very hot.) How about talking like Foghorn Leghorn for a day or throwing away your alarm clock and hiring a rooster? These are just a few suggestions and I'll bet you can come up with many more to do or say, unless you chicken out.

I personally think the day came about to honor the world's first and greatest debates, and there have been many; the Lincoln/Douglas, Kennedy/Nixon, less filing/great taste, to be or not to be, Coke/Pepsi, to name a few, but the original debate has always been; which came first, the chicken or the egg.

I do want you to know, I had to scramble to get this together but I hope you enjoyed it.

For future adventures, stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment